[thelist] IIS Guru help: Whitelist email

Sam Carter sam at nativeintelligence.com
Mon Mar 15 08:55:23 CST 2004

I've got a server with several webs and IP addresses.

Problem is, one of my customers has implemented a SPAM firewall to block
email spoofing.  Our web provides the ability for a customer to send an
email from himself, to another POCs at the customer.  Looks a lot like email
spoofing, but the content is generated by the user and sent from the user,
so it's viewed as a legitimate email from the user.  Except for the new SPAM
filter which sees a from address and a strange IP address.

Customer wants to whitelist our web to get this service running again.  All
I have to do is give them an IP address of our SMTP server.  My hosting
company tells me there's no way to control what IP address is used by my
server's SMTP.   I'm told the SMTP server seems to pick an available IP on
the server and go with it.

Help?

Sam