[thelist] PHP blog tools?

Manuel González Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Mon Mar 15 11:51:59 CST 2004

El lun, 15-03-2004 a las 18:35, Maximillian Schwanekamp escribió:
> Hello The List,
>
> Anyone have a strong suggestion for an open source blog tool?  I've a client
> who wants a blog website.  I've worked with a couple of CMSs (Drupal, Mambo
> OS) but not blogs per se.  It looks to me like WordPress and MoveableType
> lead the pack, and b2 (cafelog.com) seems interesting as well.  Does anyone
> have a strong opinion on this subject?

Well, you almost guessed it right with just a few caveats. MT is not
open source, keep that in mind. You can't go wrong with either Wordpress
or Textpattern (textpattern.com). I've also heard good things about
dotclear and bblog. And btw, Wordpress is the sucessor to b2, so that's
not really a choice.

--
Manuel González Noriega
Simplelógica, construcción web