[thelist] creating browsable snapshot of a website on cd-rom

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 16 10:13:52 CST 2004

so a few weeks ago i was looking around to find something to download
my trip to spain photo archive... it's a crappy homemade script, and
it's full of query string values... but i wanted to burn it to CD to
send to a friend who has no internet connection other than cafes...

i tried a few tools, like black widow and the like, and was generally
dissatisfied...

so i downloaded the latest build of firefox...

and then i downloaded a neat add-on called SpiderZilla, which is
really Httrack wrapped up in a UI...

i won't be looking back anytime soon... it did everything i needed
without any additional configuration...

On 16 Mar 2004 at 10:27, Dan McCullough wrote:
>    Basically what that long subject is trying to convey is I wanted to
> see if there was some good, easy to use software for downloading a
> website and it would maintain links within the offline site, but then
> you could burn it to cd and then have a backup of a dynamic site.
[...]