[thelist] creating browsable snapshot of a website on cd-rom

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at jeroencoumans.nl
Tue Mar 16 16:46:39 CST 2004

Jono Young said the following on 03/16/04 23:26:
> Can you elaborate on "wget -r" a bit more please.  I use OS X, and would
> like to know more from your perspective.  I suppose I can check the man(?)
> in terminal, but any other info would be great.  Is it dangerous to the
> system...why would I have to be careful using "wget -r"?

The manpage really has all the information. It's not dangerous, it's
powerful! You have to be careful because it can suck up a lot of your
bandwidth, thus you shouldn't keep it running unattended. You can try
searching for tutorials, this one seems nice:
http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Web-Services/Website-Mirroring-With-wget/1/

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans