[thelist] Visitor Statistics

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Thu Mar 18 14:48:46 CST 2004

> When shopping visitor statistics to advertisers, what numbers are used?
> Hits or visits?

Page views or visits, definately not hits. Advertisers are also interested in visitor demographics, so good to try and obtain this information.

Check out:
http://www.evolt.org/article/A_Brief_Introduction_to_Server_Logs/18/233/
http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/columns/analysis.html

> And while Im at it, what are  good freeware stat programs out there for
> linux/apache? I currently use webalizer.

Well there is classic old favourite Analog:
http://www.analog.cx/

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
Unitec New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and complex