[thelist] [mySQL] - lower_case_table_names=0 causes crash?

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Tue Mar 23 08:47:33 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark M" <mark at safefrombees.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: March 22, 2004 4:44 PM
Subject: [thelist] [mySQL] - lower_case_table_names=0 causes crash?

> Trying to turn off the lower case table names for mySQL so I can
ensure portability to a Unix
> box.
> Running mySQL 4.0.17 (on Windows)
> Within the my.ini I added the line:
> set-variable=lower_case_table_names=0
> and now the db server crashes on startup :oP
> (tried using the word 'OFF' instead of '0', same deal)

This is correct: set-variable=lower_case_table_names=0
However, if you put  lower_case_table_names=OFF it fails in prior
versions to 4.0.6 Of course you could just use a consistent naming
convention for your tables. Sounds like you probably want to upgrade
though:
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.1.html

cheers,

               Mark