[thelist] Prevent Printing

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Mar 23 13:39:00 CST 2004

...That would solve so many problems. :D

But there are ways to prevent screen shots, with the help of an external
program like ExamGuard from www.questionmark.com. I use this software to
take my final exams with online. You cannot exit out of the program
(ctr-alt-del), you cannot print, you cannot copy and paste, until you are
done with the exam itself.

A small caveat though since it appears to be a browser based software
solution, if you run into a javascript error like I did, you could have
potential problems getting through the rest of the exam. In my particular
EXAMple (har har), I lost my cursor. I had to continue the exam buy
highlighting and guessing were my cursor was.

Anyway, still pondering on the idea, what about creating this in an .hta
(HTML Application). It's typically full screen or at least you have some
actual options of making it so. However, don't .hta's have to be run off of
something else besides web browsers?

Let's think outside the box here,

Rob

p.s. Love the <esp></esp> tags. boss didn't think it was too funny though.