[thelist] Prevent Printing

Geoff Sheridan evolt at premonition.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 03:00:48 CST 2004

At 8:31 am +0000 24/3/04, david.landy wrote:
>I've read some Adobe pdf's online that prevented me from printing, saving,
>selecting, and copying. Of course, this still doesn't prevent copying by
>screenshot, camera, or good old pen & paper.

**How to break into an Adobe PDF which is locked (Mac OS X)**
1. Open in Preview.
2. Print > Save as PDF.
You're done.
In fact you could use an old version of acrobat or any third party
app which doesn't support the 'feature'.
You can now do what you like with it. I often import into Illustrator
to extract vector logos - it's usually the quickest way if you need a
company's logo for some reason. If you request officially you often
get sent some junk in Word, a week later.