[thelist] Prevent Printing - Break My Page

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Mar 24 08:06:39 CST 2004

ehhh. came in third place.  I knew this could be done. The extent of our
users will most likely only be able to figure out Print Screen. This can
only be prevented inside that m$ thing, or via an external application.

I'm on the phone as we speak from a company called www.questionmark.com.
However, their software is designed for assessment gathering tools. I'm
asking them to remove their core product and leave room for our project.
Their browser does not allow Moving backwards, Tabbing forwards, Tabbing
backwards, Escape, Refresh, Context menu, Screen dumps, Print whole screen,
Print active window, Exit, Close window, Start menu, Next window, Cycle
windows, or Shutdown

This may be a bit over zealous, as all we want is the ability to print
screen. Even IF we get to that spot, what's to stop them from whipping out
their camera and taking a photograph?

In college we used filter screens placed on monitors to help generate the 3D
graphics, but I wonder if there are these filter screens that prevent
photography.

There's always the hilarious <esp></esp> tags.

Rob