[thelist] Difference between domain registrars

Raditha Dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Wed Mar 24 08:50:52 CST 2004

david.landy at somerfield.co.uk wrote:

>Luciano,
>
><snip>
>Why to pay US$ 35 when I could obtain the same service at only US$ 7.95...?
></snip>
>
>No reason at all. Go for the cheapest option that serves your needs.

Good rule of thumb. however i personally believe switching registrars
just a few days before a domain expires is not a good move. The reason
is that sometimes things can go wrong and as a result you can lose your
domain. I know it happens because it happened to me once.  By all means
switch to another registrar but don't do it if you have less than a week
to expiry date.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.