[thelist] php myadmin - database backup question

gabbie gabbie at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 31 05:24:43 CST 2004

Please forgive me for asking such a basic question, but l have just
mistakenly overwritten my mysql database of over 1000 products and want to
make sure it doesn't happen again :O(

When l am in phpmyadmin, how do l actually go about backing up the database?
Do you just export it to your desktop (and then save on disk?) Are there any
special settings l should have checked? (compression etc).
l am using Zencart, and there seems to be a problem with the store backup in
admin. l want to make sure l am saving all my products/categories/images
etc, at the moment it only looks like it's saving the structure of the store
itself.
Any advice would be very much appreciated :O)
Gabbie (who is going to spend the next 5 days of her life reloading the
site...LOL)