[thelist] ADO cursor - best solution for count and page throughprocedure

Adriano Castro ad at netvisao.pt
Wed Mar 31 10:22:12 CST 2004

> Joshua said:
>
> Adiano,
>
> I think you may be reinterpreting the results a little.  The 1st dimension
> in the 2-dimensional array probably has a UBound of 0, which is to say
> that it has a length of 1, which is what we'd expect since you are
> returning but one field.
>
> Response.Write rs_OfficeList_array(0)(0)
>
> The previous line should return the value of "office" for the first
> record.

    Correct. But, since it's a bidimensional array that means that
rs_OfficeList_array(1)(0) should have something in it, right?

UBound(rs_OfficeList_array,1) --> is 0 (don't really understand why)
UBound(rs_OfficeList_array,2) --> is 7 (total number of records on table)

but

Response.Write rs_OfficeList_array(0)(0) --> is the 1st record of "office"
Response.Write rs_OfficeList_array(1)(0) --> is out of range

    What's stored on the 1st dimension then?
    And what's stored on the 2nd dimension?

    AD