[thelist] Cold Fusion + Large Query

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Wed Mar 31 12:32:40 CST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Adrian Gonzales wrote:
> I'm trying to get an XML file with 20K entries into SQL.  I can't get
> CFMX to get over about 2000 before giving up.  This script:
>
> Set objBL = CreateObject("SQLXMLBulkLoad.SQLXMLBulkLoad")
> objBL.ConnectionString = "provider=SQLOLEDB.1;data
> source=mysource;database=mydb;uid=sa;pwd=mypass"
> objBL.ErrorLogFile = "c:\web\error.log"
> objBL.Execute "c:\web\datamapping.xml", "c:\web\XMLData.xml"
> Set objBL = Nothing
>
> That loads it in about 10 seconds.  REALLY FAST.
>
> Is there a way to get CFMX to load it fast into SQL?

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question - is CF out of memory? out of
time?

You can use CFSETTING to set the REQUESTTIMEOUT setting -- to give it more
time: http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/tags-pc6.htm

If your question is more about tuning CF for performance, I don't think I
can help.

	Joe
--
Joe "ArtLung" Crawford   AIM:artlung   Phone:619-516-4550
LAMP Host Evangelist, Web Designer, Web Developer, WebSanDiego.org List Guy