[thelist] Help! really weird uncontrolled image resizing problem

Derek Gulbranson d723 at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 1 16:26:45 CST 2004

I am at a total loss as to the cause of this problem and would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Images on this site are getting resized somehow, and they are different every time you reload the page.

http://www.zdrodowski.com/

I've recently switched from using dreamweaver on a pc to a mac, and I have one other site that has a possibly similar problem, both of which happened after switching to the mac. If I had to guess, I might think it has something to do with mac vs. unix vs. pc line break types? Or perhaps the character encoding? But I know very little about either of these topics.

I'm am using dreamweaver to ftp to a unix server. I was under the impression that ftp would take care of any of the line break type issues automatically. I have played with the dreamweaver preference setting. It's possible not all files are saved with the same setting. I'm also not clear if dreamweaver changes all the line break types in a document when you change that setting.

The pages render fine on a mac, no images mis-sized.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Derek