[thelist] ASP RecordSet weirdness

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Thu Apr 1 16:46:18 CST 2004

Scott Dexter wrote:
>> Str1 = Trim(rs("field1"))
>> Str3 = Trim(rs("field3"))
>> Str2 = Trim(rs("field2"))
>>

> Are these the first calls to the recordset? With a forward-only
> read-only recordset, ADO is in "firehose" mode, which means the data
> may have been passed up when you the above.

The recordset only returns one row...so the forward-only effect
shouldn't come into play, right?  And I definitely don't have any
rs.MoveNext() commands in there anywhere.

> Have you tried grabbing by ordinal index instead of column name?

No, I'm modifying code from a third party...they used a SELECT * to
create the recordset, and the table is so wide, I'd rather not write out
a column list if I can avoid it.