[thelist] IIS6 configuration

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 14:44:06 CDT 2004

Hi all

We've been busy with this new win2k3 box of ours and I'm having to learn
how to configure it asap.  One of the problems we've got is with the
SMTP server.  We've a separate mail server running on a non-windows box
which is set up to relay for the webserver (with some restrictions).
However what I need to do is tell IIS this information.  Is there a way
for me to set the default value for the SMTP server to the remote
machine so that it doesn't have to be specified when it is called (ie
through ASP/ASP.net)?

Thanks in advance

Norman