[thelist] reading RSS & Error Message 'ASP 0113' Script Timed Out...

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Mon Apr 5 16:04:00 CDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Sutherland, Paul wrote:
> I am having a look at using RSSlib-asp to display a RSS feed
> http://www.2rss.com/software.php
>
> I can use this with a local file on my machine (served by IIS or Apache)
> but as soon as I move this to our "real" iis i get the Timeout message.
>
> I am guessing this is to do with a firewall issue, the IIS server don't
> have rights to do a GET of the RSS file.
>
> Any ideas what would the IIS server need to have done to allow it to GET
> the file? etc...

If it's a fully qualified url (e.g.: http://example.dom/rssfeed.xml ) --
and you're *on* the server that hosts example.dom itself -- it may be that
it simply can't get to the domain correctly. maybe you need to add
something to the hosts file on the server?

I've had this problem trying to get files from the same server I'm on.
Coincidentally, RSS files.

	Joe
--
Joe "ArtLung" Crawford   AIM:artlung   Phone:619-516-4550
LAMP Host Evangelist, Web Designer, Web Developer, WebSanDiego.org List Guy