[thelist]

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Tue Apr 6 17:26:13 CDT 2004

At 03:13 PM 4/6/2004, Monique Angelich wrote:

>So my question, is this something we CAN configure at runtime, or a new
>PHP install with altered defaults is our solution?
>
>I researched online and found references to the php.ini file, but it seems
>as though this is an install file, not a file residing on the server.

I believe the default location for the php.ini file on a *nix box is here:

         /usr/local/php/lib/php.ini

If you don't have one, you should be able to find it in the source
directory where it was originally compiled.

At minimum, you can create a file called test.php and inside it put <?
phpinfo() ?>. This will give you a ton of information, and you should see
"Configuration File (php.ini) Path" which will tell you where the ini file
is located.

Once you edit the php.ini file to your liking, restart apache.

Lastly make sure you have enough free space in tmp to hold the largest file
you want to upload.

---
Anthony Baratta
President