[thelist] ASP: 2 different charsets on same page?

Christian Anderson lists at photokyo.com
Tue Apr 13 00:14:58 CDT 2004

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to have 2 different character sets on the same
page?

I'm designing a page in Japanese right now, and 99% of the content is
Shift_JIS. I have only one sentence that is in ISO-2022-JP (don't ask why,
its just that way and I cant change it (>_<).

When I flip between encodings, either one or the other will show up
properly, but never both at the same time.

Does anyone know a way to have them both show up? Is there a way to have 2
encodings on the same page? Or maybe just attach a charset to a div or
something?

Help!

Christian Anderson
Niseko Hirafu, Hokkaido, Japan