[thelist] JS Date Validation

Curphy, Cary (AST Contractor) Cary.Curphy.Contractor at trac.army.mil
Tue Apr 13 07:19:57 CDT 2004

David asked:

>  Can anyone point me in the direction of a good JS script to
> validate dates typed into an HTML text input box?

This link has an isDate function
// isDate (year, month, day)    True if string arguments form a valid date.
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/examples/javascript/formval/overview.html
at the "FormChek.js" link.

There's no snazzy calendar box here, but that should be a quick Google away.
A search on "javascript calendar box" returned lots of alternatives.
Here's the first one I hit that looks like it fills your needs:
http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/tengcalendar.shtml

Regards,
Cary
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/