[thelist] [mac os x] new to mac, looking for good php editor

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Tue Apr 13 11:45:16 CDT 2004

Eduardo Dominguez wrote:

> I finally decided to give Apple a chance and bought myself an ibook. I
> mostly do PHP coding and haven't so far found a good PHP editor. I did
> some googling and searched the archives but failed to find any
> interesting recommendations.
>
> Somebody recommended me bbedit, which I have installed but honestly
> haven't given it a thorough look.
>
> It would be ideal if the editor had function completion, customizable
> colors and grep style searches. If there only was Visual Slick Edit for
> Mac Os X :(

SciTE [ http://www.scintilla.org ]

Not strictly Mac OSX, its Linux based, so should run on OSX. Has
function completion, case folding, syntax highlighting, yada yada plus
its free.

Other Linux-based editors that you could give a try :

Screem [ http://www.screem.org/ ]
Quanta [ http://quanta.sourceforge.net/ ]
vim/gvim [ http://www.vim.org/ ]