[thelist] cfsearch of a path returns no results

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Tue Apr 13 14:05:21 CDT 2004

> OK.. I haven't used CF for file indexing since version 3 but I remember it's
> quirky about 2 things, paths and extensions.
>
> I imagine you're
>     key="#GetDirectoryFromPath(GetBaseTemplatePath())#"
> is pointing in the right place.. probably the first thing you checked .

Yes, I did check this, and I've also tried hard coding the value, which
doesn't help.

> But as you're indexing htm(L) extensions, and these are default you don't
> need to specify the extension attribute in your cfindex tag.  If you do
> specify it I think it goes like this:
>
>     extensions=".txt, .pdf"

I was planning on changing this to just .html later, but for now left it
as less restrictive, to see if it would help with getting some search
results. Even with several dummy files with various extensions in the
directory, I get no results.

Sarah