[thelist] JavaScript on an HTML Form

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Tue Apr 13 15:20:47 CDT 2004

Thanks in advance for your help.  Here's a simply HTML form we all
recognize:

<form action="fubar.asp">
 Order <input type="checkbox" name="order" value="">
 Quantity <input type="text" name="quantity">
 Description <textarea cols="5" rows="5" name="description"></textarea>
</form>

I'd like to have the text box for 'Quantity' and the text area for
'Description' greyed out until the user checks on 'Order'.  As soon as
'Order' is checked, that the other two fields are un-greyed and become
available.

If some kind person could provide the code, or even point to an example from
which I could glean the code, that would be swell.

Many thanks,

Casey