[thelist] SSI

Maisha Walker maisha at e-vent.org
Tue Apr 13 22:06:41 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to "include" a navigation file in another file.  I have three
questions:

1. Is it possible to do this using regular HTML?  Most of the tutorials I
found on google seem to be talking about doing this within cgi programs.

2. Do I have to give the main file and the navigation file to be included a
special extension? One tutorial indicated that I have to name the mainfile
with ".shtml" extension.

3. Is this the right format: <!--#include virtual="mainnav.html" -->

Any suggestions or direction to a tutorial for doing includes in HTML would
be most appreciated!

Many thanks,
Maisha