[thelist] Text Editor (IDE)

david.landy at somerfield.co.uk david.landy at somerfield.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 05:36:20 CDT 2004

Hi Adriano,

So far I've used:

* Sun One Studio CE 4 (free) - an excellent, fully featured IDE, for Java
and JSP, with code completion drop-downs. Limited support for HTML and none
(that I can find) for JavaScript.

* MS Visual InterDev - again, an excellent (if commercial) IDE, supporting
ASP and AFAIR some scripting languages, too (JavaScript? VBScript?) with
code completion drop-downs.

* For plain-vanilla text editing with some intelligent recognition of file
types/scripting, I'd recomment HAPEdit which is freeware and surprisingly
good. I used EditPlus for a long while which is also good, but for my money
HAPEdit has the edge by some way.

HTH,

David

--
David Landy, IT Consultant, Business Intelligence
Somerfield/KwikSave Support Centre

"...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is
that we are powerful beyond measure." - From A RETURN TO LOVE by
Marianne Williamson © 1992