[thelist] Text Editor (IDE)

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 04:38:05 CDT 2004

At 10:26 on Wednesday, 14 Apr 2004, Adriano Castro wrote:

>     What's your text editor of choice?
>     What special features has it got and what programming and markup
> languages does it support?

I use Topstyle Pro 3.1 [1] all the time.

syntax coloring for most languages and server mapping for live preview of
PHP / ASP files.

Site management tools are a bonus and CSS/XHTML integration is great.

> One of the features I'd like to have
> is the possibility to group a specific block of code/markup and expand
> and collapse it. Anyone?

Sadly Topstyle doesn't do that (yet) so I use Scite[2] when I need to
collapse code (I also use it as my view source editor) (there's a 270k
windows executable!)

hth

[1] http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle
[2] http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/SciTE.html