[thelist] The War on Sp*m

Chris Hayes chris at londonweb.net
Wed Apr 14 12:26:59 CDT 2004

Nope.

An increase in spam is most likely down to  new spammers having got your
email address.

I have never had much spam. Then my ISP installed server-wide anti-spam
measures.  Now I spend a lot of time hunting down the legitimate messages
which get blocked.  I get kicked from evolt every month or so due to
excessive bounces.  So I am a bit miffed about it but overall the mail
servers are a lot better than they were.

I've heard Spambayes is very successful at eliminating spam, but can be
processor intensive.

Chris - War On Sp*m Victim