[thelist] The War on Sp*m

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 14 13:09:51 CDT 2004

I'm using K9 right now and have been using it for a year.
It works fine, needs some teaching regularly, but that's easy to do.
The thing is K9 downloads the mail, thn my mail client (outlook) checks
the mail on K9 and not on my ISP.
So K9 passes the emails, with [SPAM X%] added in the subject. I have
then a filter in outlook that says each email with [SPAM in the subject
go to the SPAM folder.

You see it's a lot of CPU work, but at this particular email of mine I
get several dozens of SPAM a day (to which I will never buy, so why not
stop spamming me?) and K9 is doing fine.
I sometimes go to the SPAM folder to delete everything and quickly check
if some legitimate email has been caught, but it never happened yet, or
if it did I missed it and surely it wasn't that important..

Cheers,