[thelist] The War on Sp*m

Monique Angelich listmail at devedia.com
Wed Apr 14 13:25:09 CDT 2004

I use Mailwasher, and it does an Ok job. I wouldn't rant and rave about it, but it catches quite a few of my spam mails. I get about 10-20 spam emails per every one I want to read, so I  know how you feel.

Mailwasher allows you to use it for one email address for free, I think? And comes with some filters you can configure to try to catch the ones it misses.

All in all, I don't think this is a war we can win, unless we put a financial burden on the companies who pay to have the spam sent out! Where there is money to be made there will be a service, but why not fine the businesses who are trying to make a profit this way?

/also fed up/
--- Monique