[thelist] The War on Sp*m

Monique Angelich listmail at devedia.com
Wed Apr 14 16:10:35 CDT 2004

I think these people should perhaps also receive some sort of penalty for being too stupid to use the internet, and for being part of this obviously growing problem.
The _REALLY_ annoying
spam is the stuff that comes in for all the prescription drugs, and the
pornography stuff.
--end Quote

I fully agree that the people who fall for the spam are part of the problem, and need a spam-awareness course or perhaps to face the firing squad at dawn.

My personal spam favorite is the "satisfy her in bed" types, promising to increase my prowess, length or stamina. The sad part is, I am FEMALE! You would think they would do a better job of targeting this stuff, at the very least.

I could get on a soap box about the Can Spam act and its nice spam sized holes that allow this to continue, but I won't take up your time w/ my unasked for opinion. *smile* Suffice it to say I am an unhappy recipient of every spam known to mankind, simply because my company is the admin contact for multiple domain names.

--- Monique