[thelist] making the move from php to asp

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Thu Apr 15 09:49:40 CDT 2004

--------------- Brian Cummiskey wrote: ---------------

: Can anyone offer some links or suggestions?

I use DevGuru[1] every day for ASP development. They have ADO,
VBScript, ASP, and JetSQL references. Pretty much everything you
need to develop in an M$ environment.

Some things that are bound to piss you off about ASP/VBScript:

- no ternary operator
- uses () for arrays and functions (something(4)... is it an array,
  is it a function, is it a sub... I dunno)
- hopelessly typeless (why declare a variable if you can't declare
  a type?)
- horrid dynamic array support
- ridiculously difficult (and slow once you get it working) to do
  file uploads

just a few things that bug me :P

hth,
Stephen