[thelist] Writing an Apache Module ..in Java?

Kelly Hallman khallman at ultrafancy.com
Fri Apr 16 03:30:12 CDT 2004

Apr 14 at 11:07am, Carl Edwards wrote:
> I don't know about doing a native module in Java but there are lots of
> modules that let you use an external web server authentication scheme.
> Here are two from the 89 hits a search for "auth" on...

Yes...and this needs to be another of these.

Let me restate: authentication can be accomplished by accessing an object
that is only available in Java. The Java auth scheme is proprietary.
These facts are non-negotiable, as much as I wish they weren't.

The C++/JNI option seems to most viable so far. Thanks all!

--
Kelly Hallman