[thelist] CF man needs ASP XML help

Chris Hayes chris at londonweb.net
Fri Apr 16 12:38:25 CDT 2004

Thanks Scott, it's always good to know you're barking up the right tree.

I have so many ways to play with it I can't be sure which are going to part
of the magic bullet.  My best shot is below which gives me this error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
Object required: 'xmlDOMDOC.documentelement.selectSingleNode(...)'

I'm assuming having MSXML 4 on ther server is enough?
Do I need to specify docelement in the XPath, as this is the
documentElement?  I have played with it to no avail.
The  sError line "works" if I remove innerText, but then response.write
sError gives an error that it hasn't been set.

I'll continue to play but if you can spot the obvious, please shout.

Cheers

 Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0")
 xml.Open "GET", psFeedPage, False, UserName, Password
 xml.Send
 sOutput = xml.responseXML.xml

 Set xmlDOMDOC = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
 xmlDOMDOC.loadXML sOutput

'I tried with and without specifying XPath
' xmlDOMDOC.setProperty "SelectionLanguage", "XPath"

sError=xmlDOMDOC.documentelement.selectSingleNode("docelement/feedoutput/res
ult/error").innerText

 Response.Write sError