[thelist]Is this real? (Helge Karlsen)

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 15 21:24:46 CDT 2004

I, too, got the same spam email.

It bothers me that they can harvest emails from thelist. thelist itself
is pretty stringent--nearly all my posts are marked "await moderator
approval" because of "suspicious headers." Yet somehow smammers can
still get my email address and bother me to death. Today's junk email
count was approximately 450.

I'm really considering terminating all email. This is ridiculous. I can
set up a message board for people to talk to me. Oh, but didn't I just
read something about how malicious folks can steal your cookies through
such innocuous things as posts on message boards?

http://www.cgisecurity.com/articles/xss-faq.shtml

Diane

On Thursday, April 15, 2004, at 04:01 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> [thelist]Is this real? (Helge Karlsen)
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown