[thelist] CF man needs ASP XML help

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Fri Apr 16 12:54:06 CDT 2004

Maybe you don't need docelement in the path since you're invoking the
method on the .documentelement. Already?

I do know that I have used getElementsByTagName("error").item(0).text
with much success.

Chris Hayes wrote:
> Thanks Scott, it's always good to know you're barking up the right
> tree.
>
> I have so many ways to play with it I can't be sure which are going
> to part of the magic bullet.  My best shot is below which gives me
> this error:
>
> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
> Object required: 'xmlDOMDOC.documentelement.selectSingleNode(...)'
>
> I'm assuming having MSXML 4 on ther server is enough?
> Do I need to specify docelement in the XPath, as this is the
> documentElement?  I have played with it to no avail.
> The  sError line "works" if I remove innerText, but then
> response.write sError gives an error that it hasn't been set.
>
> I'll continue to play but if you can spot the obvious, please shout.
>
> Cheers

>  Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0")
>  xml.Open "GET", psFeedPage, False, UserName, Password
>  xml.Send
>  sOutput = xml.responseXML.xml
>
>  Set xmlDOMDOC = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
>  xmlDOMDOC.loadXML sOutput
>
> 'I tried with and without specifying XPath
> ' xmlDOMDOC.setProperty "SelectionLanguage", "XPath"

sError=xmlDOMDOC.documentelement.selectSingleNode("docelement/feedoutput
/res