[thelist]Is this real?

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 16 16:15:53 CDT 2004

On Friday, April 16, 2004, at 01:47 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> Get a domain name of your own and when you need to use email address
> in a situation where it is exposed for harvesters (or other vulnerable
> situations), use a name associated with that situation.
>
> Examples:
> if you must give your address to Microsoft, give
> 'microsoft at yourdomain.com'
> if you post to mailing list called 'foo', do it with address
> 'foo at yourdomain.com'
> ...etc...

Only problem with theses sorts of things is if someone has put your
good email in their address book, your email is pretty much up for
grabs. All it takes is a virus. Or even less. I get the most spam from
an email address I have never exposed and that is only a few months
old. Putting it in the From field was enough.