[thelist] MSSQL Admin Tool

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Sat Apr 17 18:41:49 CDT 2004

---------------------------
I'm used to using MySQL and phpMyAdmin for my databases, but now I'm
running on MSSQL and I dont know what to use to replace phpMyAdmin. What
can I use to create/modify tables, insert records and such? Written in
ASP or CF, and preferably free.
---------------------------

Just download the trial version of SQL Server, which includes Enterprise
Manager and Query Analyzer (ISQL) both are good tools.  EM will give you
full control over your DB (to the extent possible in your network
environment), while QA has the day-to-day tools to execute/analyze queries
directly, browse DB objects, etc.  When you install, you need not install
SQL Server itself if you want only the query tools.  IIRC only the Server
portion is trialware, and that lasts for 4 months.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/trial/default.asp

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
NeptuneWebworks.com