[thelist] ASP Problems

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Apr 18 08:46:46 CDT 2004

The problem with the attached "code" is that there isn't any per se. There's
just a bunch of parameter information which FPSE (on the server),
automagically converts into ASP code on the fly.

Somewhere one of the parameters must be out of whack (eg a fieldname in the
HTML form doesn't match with the FPSE code, or the FPSE code doesn't match
up to the fields in the database). However I really don't know anything
about this FPSE magic - there may even be a mistake in the book you're
following. :-(

Could I suggest you try one of the Microsoft Frontpage newsgroups if you
can't get an answer here? Lots of FP/FPSE people there. You can either point
your newsgroup reader to news://news.microsoft.com or there a web-based
frontend for most of the groups as well. If you go to this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
and then choose either the Frontpage -> Programming or Frontpage -> Server
Extensions groups.

I'll have a look at your file tomorrow when I get to work - I think we have
Frontpage there, rather than trying to look through a 12kb file in Notepad
:-)

Cheers
Ken

From: "Robert Teasdale" <robert.teasdale33 at ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] ASP Problems

: Thanks for the positive reply.
: As a relative newbie to web design I am reading a lot of different authors
: on the use of FP but none mention this problem, which concerns me. I
: followed the set up as per the FP book and have constructed this page at
: least 2-3 times but no change?
: I hope it is not the Host Server but attached  is the code for checkout,
: confirmation, or highlight of error.
:
: Thank you
: