[thelist] shipping rate calculator (was hijacked from Re: bash, readfrom several files)

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Sun Apr 18 19:00:11 CDT 2004

----------------------
I am working on a site and my client needs a
calculator that will give state to state shipping rates by Zip Code.
----------------------

What's the site setup?  Linux/Win, PHP/ColdFusion/ASP/else ?  What sort of
cart do you have?  Homegrown or something prefab?  What shippers/methods
will you need to support?  UPS/FedEx/USPS/CanadaPost/else?

----------------------
Possibly configured to work with Paypal.
----------------------

That's likely a function of the shopping cart rather than the shipping
calculator.

A former client of mine, 1ShoppingCart.com, offers a fairly sophisticated
shopping cart with a realtime shipping module built in which supports
multiple shippers and methods, and the cart does support PayPal in addition
to about 40 other credit card gateways.  Sounds like you already have a cart
setup, but 1Shop is pretty easy to implement and may serve your needs.
Otherwise, if you can answer the above questions someone might have a better
answer for you.

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
NeptuneWebworks.com