[thelist] Serious antispam measures

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Mon Apr 19 10:04:02 CDT 2004

I use a variation on this.  I also give out yourcompany at mydomain.com,
but in addition I have an email box set up called
spamdump at mydomain.com, which I never check.

If an address given to a particular company starts getting spam, I'll
permanently redirect that address to spamdump; and if it's a legitimate
company I'll write them a letter telling them that I've started getting
spam from the address I gave them (and put the screws on 'em a little
bit) and tell them my new address is yourcompany1 at mydomain.com.

Toss in a baysean filter to catch the stuff that gets sent to
randomstring at mydomain.com and I get hardly any spam.  I've been doing
this for years.  Only weak point is that I haven't yet gotten enough
spam to properly train the filter ;)

Steve