[thelist] Serious antispam measures

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Apr 19 10:55:29 CDT 2004

Whilst these measures are feasible for those of us who:
a) control our own domains and/or
b) control our own mailservers
it's not a feasible option for the vast bulk of people who are given 1
mailbox, and possibly the use of a dozen aliases (that all point to that one
mailbox)

Cheers
Ken

From: "Stephen Rider" <evolt_org at striderweb.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] Serious antispam measures

: I use a variation on this.  I also give out yourcompany at mydomain.com,
: but in addition I have an email box set up called
: spamdump at mydomain.com, which I never check.
:
: If an address given to a particular company starts getting spam, I'll
: permanently redirect that address to spamdump; and if it's a legitimate
: company I'll write them a letter telling them that I've started getting
: spam from the address I gave them (and put the screws on 'em a little
: bit) and tell them my new address is yourcompany1 at mydomain.com.
:
: Toss in a baysean filter to catch the stuff that gets sent to
: randomstring at mydomain.com and I get hardly any spam.  I've been doing
: this for years.  Only weak point is that I haven't yet gotten enough
: spam to properly train the filter ;)
:
: Steve
: