[thelist] Very strange error with XHTML color form fields changing to yellow instead of blue in IE

Jonathan j at firebright.com
Wed Apr 21 02:44:03 CDT 2004

http://dev01.a.firebright.com/

Ah, web standards again.  Any xhtml experts out there have any idea why
including my form attribute turns my nice blue background inputs into yellow
ones?  I'm sure its, shall we say, user error.  But alas, this "1uz3r" can't
seem to figure out what the heck he did wrong.

I'm, to say the least, completely miffed on this one.  Save me from three
*more* hours of senseless torment!

I'm XP Pro, 512, on IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 128-bit Update
versions: SP1; Q837009L Q832894; Q831167;

So there. ;-)

This problem doesn't seem to be happening on any other browser, including on
my linux desktop.

Help a lost sole as he forays into the land of web standards.  I'm lost!
LOST!  Please, help me! ;-)

Well, I thought I'd have some fun with it at least. ;}  Anyone out there
know why this could be happening?  Remove the <form fixes the problem, which
seems wrong to me...

Your fan,

Jonathan