[thelist] recomendations sought for accounting system for domain name and hosting clients.

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 09:55:20 CDT 2004

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I looked in the
archive but couldn't find much of use to me. I'm sure it's just a case
of finding the right search terms...

Anyway, I'm looking for a simple billing/accounting system for my domain
name renewals and hosting clients.

It just needs to be able to remind me to send an invoice of X amount Y
days before the end of period. It should keep account of who has paid,
including part payments.

It needs to be able to split invoices depending on the renewal period/
hosting deal (some pay for a few years of a domain, so that needs
invoicing appropriately, but they pay hosting yearly, or more often,
which needs to be charged accordingly.)

It can be either web based MySQL/PHP, or just a great excel template!

I've had a brief peek at source forge, and googled but wondered if
anyone could recommend something to me rather than having to wade
through the dozens of hits.

If there really isn't a simple thing available I'll write my own in
MySQL/PHP. If so I may ask here for a volunteer or two to test it or
help with the code, as I'm sure it'll be useful to a few of us who've
tried to become more of a one-stop-shop to compete with the bigger boys
and supply the add on services.

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891