[thelist] web based comment tracking/moderation systems?

chris h chris123 at magma.ca
Thu Apr 22 17:21:54 CDT 2004

On April 22, 2004 05:23 pm, Sean G. wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Any recommendations on comment tracking and moderation systems?  We're
> looking for folks to enter comments on a project, with the option later to
> add notes or moderation.  We also need to group redundant or related
> comments and produce reports.  Ability to upload comments from a
> spreadsheet or by email is a big plus.
>
> We're currently using an off-the-shelf bug tracking system for this
> purpose. This covers most of what we need, but doesn't quite make it all
> the way. There are open source bug trackers that could be modified for our
> needs, but we don't have the skills in house or the time to go this route.
>
> I've trialed a couple such as Ceilidh (http://www.lilikoi.com/) and SRS's
> CTS (http://www.stg.srs.com/dsd/cts.htm) but would like more options.  If
> you're familiar with the US Army Core of Engineer's DR Checks--something
> like except more user-friendly.

Should this be a requirement for the US Army, they already have a zope
infrastructure that can be utilized. In this regard, products like zwiki,
squishdot, cmf, plone & several applicable bug trackers would meet your
requirements with some minor modifications. Contractors abound if the
necessary skill is not in house.

Should this requirement not be relate to the above referenced client I would
still look at zope and related products.(modules in common parlence) While
the learning curve can be a bit long or cumbersome, it is an extremely
flexible system.

See http://zope.org, http://plone.org for references.

/ch