[thelist] LI CSS

Andy Budd andy at message.uk.com
Fri Apr 23 04:18:35 CDT 2004

I'd be very surprised if IE5.5 understands the before psudo selector.

In fact, I've just checked and it doesn't.

http://devedge.netscape.com/library/xref/2003/css-support/css2/
selectors.html

Anyway, you'll probably need to specify width for the floated item.
Some browsers like IE5.5 Mac follow the specs to the tee and don't
"shrink wrap" floated elements. However I believe (stop me if I'm
wrong) that current recommendation are that floated elements actually
do shrink-wrap.

david.landy at somerfield.co.uk wrote:

> <snip>
>    See: http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/18917
>
>    Drew.
> </snip>
>
> Thanks, Drew. I'm following this one on the side, so I tried this tip,
> but
> it didn't work on my IE5.5 ;(
>
> li:before {content: "o"}
> li {float:left;padding-right:10px}