[thelist] Re: PHP inside or outside?

Joao Verde verde at sardware.com
Sun Apr 25 06:36:25 CDT 2004

> IMHO, keeping the html outside is better because that allows me to
> use tools like macromedia dreamweaver to get a preview.  Also doing

The preview part I've got solved as I'm editing on Homesite and got the output mapped through Apache.
Still, I don't give much use to the internal preview, I always keep an open tab of Mozilla Firefox to preview the work.

Reading HTML inside PHP is indeed harder since we lose code highlightint. Shouldn't bother much, as I once wrote HTML on Notepad. :-)

> (I do hope you haven't started a war!)

Apparently not a war, but a good exchange of ideas on the matter. :-)

Having read all the opinions expressed here - which I thank - I guess I'll stick with PHP start-to-end echoing HTML inside it. Even though I lose HTML readability, that allows me to focus on PHP itself which is my primary responsibility.
I'll also give a look at the heredoc syntax...

jcv

:: www.origamis.net | Origame a sua informação | icq#26527125
:: 25-04-2004 12:23:19 | 38º45'22N 9º16'01W 147m
:: Beam me up, Scotty!  She says she's...pregnant!