[thelist] Virtualhosts on Windows apache

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 16:55:07 CDT 2004

At 22:22 on Sunday, 25 Apr 2004, PeterV wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed Apache on my Win XP machine.
>
> My hosts file settings and httpd.conf settings are below. I am trying to
> get some virtual domains going, but it doesn't seem to work.

where did you install Apache?

my understanding is that virtual domains need to be mapped to folders
below server root - usually subdirectories of htdocs.

so if C:/apache/htdocs is where your documents are normally

then

     DocumentRoot C:/testapache/taxomita.dev/

should be

     DocumentRoot C:/apache/htdocs/taxomita.dev/

Looks a little weird to see the server accessing the filesystem above its
root directory is my first thought.

need more information about your installation to be sure.

hth

Tony