[thelist] ms access website solution?

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Apr 26 15:45:32 CDT 2004

------------------------------
I wouldn't consider using ms access as an online DB solution however a role
have just taken requires I complete a job already started by another
company.
My instrinct is saying scrap this and start again using php and mysql but
dont
seem to be aboe to justify scrapping someone elses work!
------------------------------

Are you sure you absolutely must use Access?  You might use ODBC, and use
one of the Access->MySQL utilities available from MySQL.com.  Or if the site
is in VB/ASP[.NET] you might consider switching to SQL Server or its little
brother MSDE - for most web applications the jump from Access to SQL Server
is not huge.

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
NeptuneWebworks.com