[thelist] Searching for a host with lots of bandwidth

ronn at brickflick.com ronn at brickflick.com
Mon Apr 26 16:47:30 CDT 2004

I am currently trying to find a good host to move my site to. I'm looking
for something that can keep up with the bandwidth usage that has shut down
our first host (we exceeded bandwidth in 3 days). We went thru 21 gigs of
bandwidth in our first weekend live, and then more than 19 gigs bandwidth
that following week. People are downloading our 9 meg movie and it got
pretty popular pretty fast.

I can find a lot of hosts that give out TONS of bandwidth for mega-cheap,
but they all seem like scams. I was hoping someone could recommend a site
that offered 300-500 gigs of bandwidth a month for a decent price.

Secondly, does anyone have any figures that they could share from Google
AdSense, money per click or monthly averages? Whatever host we go with, the
fact remains that we are three students trying to pay for this thing. I
understand that that kind of figure is private, so share at your will.

Thanks in advance,
Ronn LeFeuvre