[thelist] Photoshop and Fireworks

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Apr 27 09:45:17 CDT 2004

<snip author="Amy">
It is possible to open multiple layers in Fireworks MX, which version do you
use?
</snip>

I have Photoshop 7 and Fireworks MX. I mostly use FWMX, but since my
colleagues run a native Adobe environment we have had difficulties
exchanging between the two platforms per say. You can export in PS to a .psd
format and FWMX understands the layers. We have also had similar successes
with AI to FWMX with the .ai format. Unfortunately, FWMX doesn't know the AI
10 format. You need to scale down to the AI 8 format so FWMX can understand
it.

I'm starting to either enjoy or loathe PS. I'm using to selecting and
manipulating multiple layers in FWMX, but can only select one layer at a
time in PS. These are beans compared to cocoa plants.

Answer? I use both.

Rob